Tuesday 1 March 2011

Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge

I love the digi images over at Kenny K and thought this week I would enter the Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge. They have offered up a lovely sketch to put your design around.To be honest I feel a little ambivalent about the card I have made but here it is in all its glory (or not as the case may be !).


The photo makes the scalloped edging look red, whereas in reality it is more hot pink - oh the joy of holographic card. I knew there was a reason I rarely used it !. The papers are SEI again, and the image coloured with copics. The flowers are a combination of one I made, and a few from Wild Orchid Crafts. The ribbon I do really like - it is called Sari ribbon and I found it in a local wool shop.

I dont have a scalloped oval for my cuttlebug but I did find that by punching out little circles and sticking them around an oval the same shape as what the image is on you end up with a border with the same effect.

This is what the border looks like before sticking it behind the image...



now for a cup of coffee to sit and reflect over !

6 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I adore that sparkly frame! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fantastic card, love how you did your scalloped edge.. and great take on the sketch, thank you for joining us @ KKKG's challenge blog. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card! Love your flowers! Thanks for joining us at KKKGC.....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for all your positive feedback ! Its good fun joining in your challenges...I just dont usually have the time !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever... love the card and it's scalloped effect. Thanks for sharing.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete